Updated December, 2013
• Office of Small Business HOLIDAY Hours
The Office of Small Business will observe the following holiday schedule:
- Wednesday, December 25: Closed*
- Thursday, December 26: Closed
- Friday, December 27: Closed
- Wednesday, January 1: Closed*
Regular office hours will resume on Thursday, January 2, 2014.
*City Hall will be closed on these dates.
• New Minimum Wage & Health Care Expenditure Rates Take Effect on January 1, 2014
The 2014 Minimum Wage rate will be $10.74/hour. The 2014 Health Care Expenditure Rate for medium-sized employers (20-99 employees) will be $1.63/hour, and for large employers (100+ employees), $2.44/hour. Small employers (1-19 employees) are exempt. All rate increases will take effect January 1, 2014. Please visit the Office of Labor Standard Enforcement's website for more details, or click here.
• Shop Small During the Holidays and Support Our Local Small Businesses
Throughout the month of December, several San Francisco nonprofit organizations that serve our small businesses will hold holiday gift fairs. Participate and shop local this holiday season. Click here for a list of the holiday gift fairs.
• Office of Small Business Endorses Local Entrepreneurs for Crowd-Funded Microloans through Kiva Zip
The City and County of San Francisco has formed a public-private partnership with the nonprofit, Kiva.org, to help small businesses gain access to capital and improve the local economy. Click here to find out more.
• License 123 - Find Out Which Permits and Licenses Your Business Needs
Click here to use License 123.