To Get Started
Required Documents for certification:
- The Federal income tax returns covering the last three tax years
- The state Quarterly Wage and Withholding Report (citing the number of employees for the last four quarters).
1. Apply online 24/7
It only takes a few minutes if you have the required financial documents handy.
- Small Business
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
- Both Small Business and DVBE
- Nonprofit registration for prompt payment benefits
- Nonprofit Veteran Service Agency (NVSA)
Contact: Email at SBDVBECert@dgs.ca.gov, by phone at (916) 375-4940, or by fax at (916) 375-4950.
2. Become a CA Multiple Award Schedules (CMAS) Contractor. California State Government offers existing contractors the opportunity to hold multiple contracts at the State and Federal level in order to streamline purchasing for Government agencies:
CMAS Contract Management & Information Guide (PDF)
Search for Bids and Contracts
Search for State Contracting opportunities at the one-stop website California State Contracts Register (CSCR). State agencies post their solicitations, RFPs on this website. Sub-contractors can find contracting opportunities and also place ads seeking work with potential prime contractors. Placing ads costs$25 for SBs and is free for DVBEs. https://www.cscr.dgs.ca.gov/cscr/
Market Business To State Agencies. Once you become CA Small Business or DVBE certified, you are still required to market your services and products to state agencies. You can:
Small Business Assistance Center, City Hall, Room 110, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: 415-554-6134 Office Hours: M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM